Based in Cincinnati, W.Bradford is a global full-service marketing collective that elevates brands through sophisticated branding, content marketing, video, social media and website management strategies. Since its founding in 2017, the fully-remote agency has continued to expand its client roster, execution team and geographic footprint. Now a truly remote agency, W.Bradford equips brands with award-winning work products and results by calling upon only the best marketing professionals in the business.
The work environment at W.Bradford requires team members with an affinity for a fast-paced business environment, an autonomous work structure, fresh daily creative challenges, an entrepreneurial spirit, critical thinking, and producing work that consistently wows clients.
The Marketing Copywriter role at W.Bradford is integral to the majority of client deliverables we produce. The central requirements for the position include extreme creative and technical flexibility (i.e., you know when and when not to use an Oxford comma), a robust imagination that can generate interesting, distinctive concepts for how clients can communicate with their customers, and the ability to seamlessly integrate into a complex creative production process.
From social captions and blog posts to long-form sales collateral and website copy, the person in this position must have a chameleon-like ability to write for a variety of clients. For example, one day may include projects where you'll be writing for commercial lighting manufacturers and fashion brands, while the next day may include projects for a healthcare provider and skincare brand.
- Completely own the copywriting function for the agency, ensuring not only that the work produced is pristine and worthy of client expectations but also that the copywriting function within the agency is operationally efficient.
- Write compelling, clean, on-strategy, and error-free copy for products, packaging, websites, and other marketing materials.
- Participate in all necessary internal and external; briefings, status, brainstorming sessions, and presentations.
- Work closely with team to ensure that copy standards for readability, clarity, factual accuracy, legal compliance and tone are consistently applied, while maintaining awareness of project budgets for the targeted audience.
- Translate technical terminology into accessible, benefit-oriented information.
- Collaborate with external client contacts and/or internal departments to help assess project needs and recommend copy direction and key messages.
- Conduct all appropriate research (using a variety of methods including internet resources) as part of copy development.
- Have a strong interest in market research, key competitive information, media, and organizational goals.
- Provide backup editing support on diverse projects.
- Prepare briefs for and manage production execution of supporting copywriting vendors and partners, as needed.
- Participate in internal and external discussions related to campaign or project creative strategy, with the ability to defend your work alongside clients' objectives.
Minimum Position Qualifications
- 3+ years in a copywriting or persuasive writing position
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Strong conceptual thinking
- Demonstrate world-class execution of innovative and effective communication across multiple industries, markets, and media, and proficiently write in diverse copy styles across a range of assignments
- Proven ability to conceptualize and write copy applications to their completion
- Proficient with industry-standard design tools and software, preferably Adobe Creative Suite
- Takes personal responsibility for on-time deliverables and expertly crafted copy that adheres to client equity and standards
- Proficiency in SEO best practices pertaining to website copy (i.e., keyword research, proper meta-data input/copy length, etc.)
- Clear understanding of marketing and branding best practices
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop others
- Concept and collaborate on campaign ideas and cross-platform tactics with a multi-disciplinary team while working on multiple projects; manage and prioritize within timelines for project milestones
- Ability and willingness to continue education, as necessary
- Strong understanding of how to translate clients' business objectives and communication principles into compelling creative execution
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Marketing, Journalism or related field
- 2+ years in agency or agency-equivalent production environment
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1.786.858.7864.